This training is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of techniques employed to study gene regulation and transcriptional output. Focus will be on the four distinct fields of gene regulatory networks, epigenetics, post-transcriptional regulation and single cell transcriptomics.
Within each area, the trainers will provide an overview of the available methods, as well as offering practical tips and tricks for sample preparation, experimental design and data analysis. Methods to be presented include spatial single-cell transcriptomics, bisulfite-seq and variants for epigenetic profiling, Iso-Seq, Chip-Seq, ATAC-Seq, as well as bioinformatics tools for data analysis.
This training targets scientists who want to learn about contemporary tools for transcriptional profiling. It is aimed at PhD students, postdoctoral fellows, technicians or other scientists with a molecular biology background.
- Stefaan Derveaux, VIB Nucleomics Core Facility
- Matthew Holt, VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain and Disease Research
- Bernard Thienpont, VIB-KU Leuven Center for Cancer Biology
- Mark Veugelers, VIB Technology Watch team
- Zeynep Kalender Atak, VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain and Disease Research, BE
- Pieter De Bleser, VIB-UGent Center for Inflammation Research, BE
- Dieter Weichenhan, DFKZ Heidelberg, DE
- Simon Andrews, Babraham Institute, GB
- Christoph Koenig, Pacific Biosciences, US
- Marco-Antonio Mendoza-Parra, IGBMC, FR
- Joakim Lunderberg, SciLife, SE
- Juozas Nainys, Institute of Biotechnology Vilnius University, LT
Gene Regulation and Novel Tools for Transcriptional Profiling_program.pdf
- Participation is free for VIB participants.
- Registration fee for Academics from Universities and Centers of Excellence is 40 EUR (21% VAT incl.).
- Registration fee for participants from EU-LIFE partner institutes is 40 EUR (21% VAT incl.).
- Registration fee for Industry is 300 EUR (21% VAT incl.).