Every single step in protein expression and purification
Drawn from the expertise at the VIB Inflammation Research Center, UGent, the Protein Service Facility (PSF) has a long history of developing and using recombinant expression technology, offering you services for expression (upstream), production optimization and protein purification (downstream)
- From cDNA sequence to purified protein
- E. coli and P. pastoris up to 20 liter
- Mammalian cells up to 5 liters
- Lysis, collection, UF/DF, chromatography
Starting with a cDNA sequence, or a cDNA sequence that expresses protein problematically, the PSF offers a number of services to come to a convenient solution:
Parallel cloning and expression in a subset of different expression systems for E. coli.
A matrix approach to optimizing refolding conditions and recovery of proteins from inclusion bodies.
If no purification method is available, a screen can be set up to test a range of different (or combinations of) matrices to purify the protein of interest.
Advantages of PSF
- Quality and speed
- Proven technology, based on academic expertise
- Results in two to four weeks
- Personal service
- From setup to data analysis
VIB Protein Service Facility, UGent (PSF)
UGent-VIB Research Building FSVM
phone: +32 9 331 36 10