The VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems Biology (PSB) in Ghent, Belgium, is a leading institute in plant sciences. PSB has invested significantly in the development and operation of automated, high-throughput plant phenotyping systems to support plant research within the institute and in collaboration with external partners (plant_phenotyping). The Systems Biology of Yield group of Prof. Dirk Inzé is currently looking for a highly motivated data scientist to assist in the analysis of plant phenotyping data and the development of data analysis and management pipelines. Importantly, the position requires an interest in both plant growth, development and physiology, and in data analysis beyond the use of MsS Excel spreadsheets.
- phenotyping data analysis, including running of image analysis scripts, data quality checks, and analysis and interpretation of results
- contribute to the development of data analysis methods
- preparation of data analysis scripts for their incorporation in automated analysis pipelines in the phenotyping platforms-associated web interface and database in collaboration with the ICT-developer
- take an interest in plant phenotyping and in the management of plant phenotyping platforms and experiments
- contribute to the insurance of 'good phenotyping practices' at all times